Text

Fashionista ~ Career Woman ~ Op Shopper ~ Online Shopping Addict ~ Bargain Hunter ~ Child Rearer ~ Book Reader ~ Social Commentator

Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Poems for your Nanny ~ Babysitter ~ Childcare Provider ~ Teacher

I think that childcare providers and nannies are undervalued by many families. If they are valued, people don't give it much thought or forget to show their appreciation. Child carers play such an important role in the lives of our children, and such an important role in society. They are certainly not in it for the money, they do it because they love your children and working with them. 

If you haven't already, I encourage you to buy your childrens' sitter or nursery staff a Christmas/New Year gift to show your appreciation for the hard work they do, and for what they give your children. Here are some lovely poems I found while writing Christmas cards which capture the essence of the work these special people do :-) I am putting them here so that I'll remember them/be able to find them again too!

It's easier to find poems geared towards teachers, so these are mainly directed towards childcare providers / nannies.

 Source: WeHeartIt

One Hundred Years
One hundred years from now
It won't matter
What kind of car you drove
What kind of house you lived in
How much money you had in the bank
Nor what your clothes looked like
BUT
The world may be a little better
Because, you were important
In the life of a child.

 
~ the original came from Forest Witcraft Scouting magazine, October 1950. This is a popular edited version, which is largely cited as anonymous.

Ode to Daycare
Little children come to me
For hugs and books and such,
I care for all their simple needs
And also fix them lunch
I pick up toys, mop up spills,
And dry their little tears,
I change diapers,settle fights,
And kiss away their fears.
I tie shoes, button coats,
And push them on the swing,
I really love these kids you see,
But there is one thing.
Call me Mom, or Aunt, or Teacher,
But please don't call me sitter,
Cause I never get to sit!.
~Author unknown

 A Childcare Provider
A willing partner for working moms,
she comforts, pampers, soothes and calms.
With all the love she has to share,
she's great to have when mommy can't be there.
She loves to rock a fussy child,
corrects the one that gets too wild.
She hears her share of tearful pleas,
and comforts those with skinned up knees.

With little children she plays games of peek,
for bigger ones it's hide and seek.
She is an expert at each game,
but somehow loses just the same.

She helps them learn the alphabet,
and gives them hugs when they're upset.
She gently tucks them in their beds,
with dreamland tales for sleepyheads.

She is a true and trusted friend,
who helps them learn and play pretend.
Although she's paid, it's plain to see,
she serves them with a love that's free.
~Author unknown

Touching the Future
I don't wear power suits,
make speeches,
or drive a fancy sports car.

I've never talked on a car phone,
made a big sale,
or been elected to the Senate.

I don't "do lunch",
have a big imppressive office or carry a beeper.
I spend my days wiping away tears,
giving hugs,
and serving chicken nuggets.

A good day is when I go through a whole day
without a temper tantrum,
bite mark,
or a toilet training accident.

My "office" is a room full of brightly colored toys
and laughing children.

You may not think that what I do is very important
and you may even whisper behind my back
"what a waste of a good mind."

But I know better.
I make a difference
because I'm changing the world
one child at a time.

Everyday I'm getting the once in a lifetime chance
to touch the future.
I'm proud to say "I'm a child care provider"
~ By Marti Doyle

The Hand Holder
There is no job more important than yours,
no job anywhere else in the land.
Your are the keepers of the future:
you hold the smallest of hands.


Into your care you are trusted
to nurture and care for the young,
and for all of your everyday heroics,
your talents and skills go unsung.


You wipe tears from the eyes of the injured.
You rock babies brand new in your arms.
You encourage the shy and unsure child.
You make sure they are safe from all harm.


You foster the bonds of friendships,
letting no child go away mad.
You respect and you honor their emotions.
You give hugs to each child when they're sad.


You have more impact than does a professor,
a child's mind is molded by four;
so whatever you lay on the table
is whatever that child will explore.


Give each child the tools for adventure,
let them be artists and writers and more;
let them fly in the wind and dance on the stars
and build castles of sand on the shore.


It is true that you don't make much money
and you don't get a whole lot of praise,
but when one small child says, "I love you,"
you're reminded of how this job pays.
~ By Dori Rossmann

Forever in my Heart

Although I'm not their mother
I care for them each day,
I cuddle, sing and read to them
And watch them as they play.


I see each new accomplishment,
I help them grow and learn.
I understand their language,
I listen with concern.


They come to me for comfort,
And I kiss away their tears.
They proudly show their work to me,
I give the loudest cheers!


No, I 'm not their mother,
But my role is just as strong.
I nurture them and keep them safe,
Though maybe not for long.


I know someday the time will come,
When we will have to part.
But I know each child I cared for,
Is forever in my heart!
~ Author unknown
 

They Remember
I take care of your children.
I love them. I teach them.
I clean them, and I feed them.
And when nighttime comes,
my heart worries about them
I take care of your children.
I see their first steps.
I hear their first words.
I share their happiness, and
I feel their hurts.
I take care of your children,
as if they were my own.
And when they are grown,
And no longer need me,
My love will be a part of them
deep within the heart of them.
They will know that I was there for them unconditionally.
And they will remember!

~ By Eileen Koscho 


The Babysitter
Greet the kids at seven-ten,
Give them breakfast, settle in,
Garrett's learning ABC's
(Isaiah, don't eat crayons, please)
Someone's knocking at the door,
(we must not finger paint the floor)
Let's have lunch and then clean up
(Lianna, please don't tip your cup)
Baby Ulyssa's on my lap
Story time and then a nap
Have our snack, then go outside
(the doggie can't give horsey rides)
Six-'clock - the moms are here
Collect the coats, paper and gear
Want to see ME throw a fit?
Tell me I just "BABYSIT" !
~ Author Unknown
 

Partnership
They bring their child to me
and hope I'll come to know.
How much the offspring means to them,
their trust in me bestowed.
They bring their child to me
with love and hope and pride,
looking for a helping hand,
a teacher who will guide.
They bring their child to me,
and our partnership is clear:
To nurture and allow to bloom
a life we both hold dear.
They bring their child to me, a step toward letting go
and trusting in our special plan
to help the child grow.
~ By Gloria Weber Henbesst


Definition of a Child Care Provider 
Child Care Pro-vi-der (child'kâr prõ vid'er)n. chef, baker, janitor, sock and shoe finder, coat buttoner, boot fitter, bottle washer, grocery shopper, diaper changer, protector, dish washer, nose wiper, vegetable pusher, floor sweeper, waiter, story teller, playground attendant, PE teacher, activity director, driver, zoo keeper, inspector, aerobics instructor, tutor, entertainer, therapist, manager, derby instructor, performer, bookkeeper, self-esteem builder, teacher, helper, well wisher, nurse, traffic controller, noise controller, life saver, thinker, problem solver, engineer, designer, counselor, safety instructor, arbitrator, creator, inventor, companion, musician, historian, technician, dietitian, athlete, beautician, fire marshall, analyst, artist, dentist, scientist, biologist, technologist, accountant, manicurist, receptionist, environmentalist, pharmacist, hygienist, speech therapist, reader, builder, informer, composer, supervisor, author, navigator, peacemaker, friend. . . . . . .
  ~ Author Unknown


The Daycare Provider who Lived in a Shoe (For At Home Daycare Providers)
There was a provider who lived in a shoe
But being professional, she knew what to do.
She made best use of the space she could spare
And set up her home for family child care.


She took CPR and First Aid classes, too
And brushed up on all the things kids like to do.
She advertised, interviewed, contracted, and then
She opened her world and her homely den.


She fed them good foods and recorded it, too.
She potty-trained Jake; helped Mark tie his shoe.
Collected art items and made a new batch of clay
And cut out cute pictures for a new theme's display.


She diapered, she bandaged, she wiped every nose.
She comforted Tim when Sue stepped on his toes.
She cooked and she washed, scrubbing floors, scraping glue.
She recorded attendance; did her bookkeeping, too.


 She wrote parents notes home 'bout the kids in her care,
Anecdotes and concerns that they'd want her to share.
She read to the children while they sat in her lap
And she sang to them softly when they started to nap.


She called a provider who was feeling depressed.
She spoon-fed the baby, then got him redressed.
She picked up and dusted when they went out the door.
She updated records, picked up toys, mopped the floor.


  She started the laundry, checked the mail, made a list
Of the groceries she needed and the chores that she'd missed.
She collapsed in a chair and put up her feet,
Then in came her family wanting something to eat.


  She reflects on her day, in her eye there's a gleam,
For this provider is developing pride and esteem.
She works a long day and the pay isn't fair,
But the kids that she works with get quality care.


Their parents commute to their work sites each day,
Concerns about child care aren't in their way.
They are free to produce at a marvelous rate,
Which benefits business all over the state.


If you live in a big house or even a shoe,
Great is the work a provider can do.
Be proud, stand up tall, wear a smile on your face,
You are helping "tomorrow" be a much better place!

 ~ Author Unknown


Source: WeHeartIt

14 comments:

  1. AMEN to that! While we no longer have our girls in school or care, we know just how important they are. Once the girls were in school they saw them for longer and more often than we did! And my nana was a preschool teacher (we also totally got lucky in that myself, my brother and our cousin were all in her preschool classes!) and she is still the person I bounce all my homeschool/education/child psych questions off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I was simply checking out this blog and I really admire the premise of Childcare sydney

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a very nice article,
    Thanks for the share,
    babysitting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take a proper care at the age of proper time I have read this blog please you see :- In this present day time find a find a nanny Los Angeles it is very tough for working parents to keep their kids at home; professional nannies can help you in best of ways. There are all skilled as well as Hire a nanny Los Angeles trained enough to help your kid and manage them

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think having a nanny is such a great option when you need childcare. If you get a good one they really do become part of the family. And it is so nice that you still see your previous one, and you seem to have found another good one! For more details you can Visit Here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It doesn’t matter whether you need a baby nurse for a child with special needs or a live out nanny nyc for a few hours a week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice helpful blog. When you need a babysitter there are a couple of ways you can go about finding the right one. You can find a babysitter by using a babysitter service or you can try searching through the countless ads in the newspaper that all seem to blend together. So you have to hire a babysitter from a reputed place. I would like to suggest The Nanny Solution they are well known for providing babysitters in Australia according to your potential needs

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you looking for babysitter/childminder in Scotland, find it for free at childcare-scotland.com Stirling

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely, what a fantastic website and revealing posts, I definitely will bookmark your site.Have an awsome day!

    Click here to chceck my blog :: 부산달리기

    안마

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...