Text

Fashionista ~ Career Woman ~ Op Shopper ~ Online Shopping Addict ~ Bargain Hunter ~ Child Rearer ~ Book Reader ~ Social Commentator

Friday, January 13, 2012

Beijing is happening - my must do list

Beijing is actually happening. It's only for a week, but flights are booked. Now I can spend the next 3 months thinking about accomodation and sightseeing. This will hopefully give me something to pull me through the boring days ahead! On my must do list:
#1 Climb the Great Wall
Source: mybeijingchina.com


#2 Shop until I drop

#3 Get a suit tailored (or two)


#4 Visit the Summer Palace and Imperial Palace (Forbidden City
Source: Kinabaloo.com


#5 Stay in a Hutong with a lovely garden courtyard

#6 Visit Tianneman Square and pay my respects

#7 Visit the funky urban 798 Art Zone
Source: Go Katayama

#8 Eat plenty of delicious food, and try some interesting street food
Source: Wikipedia

#9 Have a meal or drinks at a rooftop restaurant/bar with amazing views
Source: Tripadvisor

I was very naughty with money yesterday. I also booked flights to visit a friend in Melbourne over Australia day and the weekend following it. I left it pretty late so it cost $350, but I am past caring about saving. I have been feeling sad and drained these past weeks and it has made me more determined to live in the present and enjoy it while I can.

Source: Seriocomic

What is Melbourne like on Australia day eve, and can anyone recommend a good spot to watch the fireworks from?

3 comments:

  1. How exciting!! Are you going on your own?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been there and it's amazing! You're going to love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds so exciting! I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...