Text

Fashionista ~ Career Woman ~ Op Shopper ~ Online Shopping Addict ~ Bargain Hunter ~ Child Rearer ~ Book Reader ~ Social Commentator

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Selective Thrifting

Since I have decided I am moving back to Perth sometime this year, it makes sense not to accumulate too much junk. This means that thrifting must be selective. I am also succeeding with my February retail shopping ban... Although I still managed to accumulate some items this week which I just couldn't resist:

Teapot $2, vintage "slipper" shoes with flowers $3, framed picture $2, necklaces $1 each.

This marbled teapot is so gorgeous- don't you agree? The picture is hand sewn, and says on the back: "'Day & Night' - a series of English embroidered designs by June Wagner and produced by Dove Valley Embroideries. Each picture is a composition combining silk screen printing with many different and varied fabrics and threads, all carefully selected for their colour and texture to capture the peace and tranquility of the English countryside"

The funny thing about these slipper shoes is that they are back in fashion these days. Asos, Urban Outfitters and similar websites are stocking slipper day shoes. I am having second thoughts about the nautical necklace (which came with earrings which I don't like at all), but for $1 it doesn't matter :) That's why I love thrifting- if something ends up back in the op shop donation bin after I buy it, it doesn't matter.

As usual, linking up with Sophie. I'm off to have a nap now as I had very little sleep last night... Bub has been taken out shopping but will be back soon and wanting attention. Today I went to my first ever garage sale, and I'll be sharing my buys from that next week!!! I think I'll try to avoid op shopping next week though, as I have accumulated a lot of stuff lately :-/

6 comments:

  1. I love the teapot and the necklace is very cute too I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely treasures. Thew slipper shoes are so sweet, how could you go wrong with blue and white spots.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in Canada and I remember my grandmother having that very same little teapot!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...