Text

Fashionista ~ Career Woman ~ Op Shopper ~ Online Shopping Addict ~ Bargain Hunter ~ Child Rearer ~ Book Reader ~ Social Commentator

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Restaurant Review: The Artisan, Narrabundah

Recently for a colleague's leaving lunch, we went to The Artisan in Narrabundah. I was super excited because it meant I got to check out the Vinnies store there - not quite befitting of an expensive luncher, but very befitting of an op shop addict :-)

The Artisan states that their philosophy is "to provide an experience that showcases the master craft of food and wine – from the ingredients, technique and knowledge we use to the ability to select the perfect wine to match each of our creations."

I was certainly impressed with the waiter's knowledge about the ingredients contained in the food and how it is made. This is the kind of service that you'd hope to get in a fine dining institution. I have been to places which are much more expensive than The Artisan and the waiters have not had a clue about anything when we've asked a question...

I didn't have an entree, but by all accounts the braised pork belly was fantastic:

Maple brushed pork belly, slow braised in Gypsy pear cider with witlof
and hazelnuts - $19

A selection of mains:

 
Terrine of ratatouille niçoise with crisp zucchini flowers, goat fetta and red wine
reduction - $28

Pure South eye fillet with potato soufflé, black Terra Preta truffle butter and port jus - $35

And desserts:
Crème brulee - Vanilla bean custard with burnt sugar, pistachio and spiced pineapple - $14

Bitter chocolate and cherry pavé with crème anglaise and rose fairy floss - $14

Chewy meringue encased in a cellophane wafer with cream chabousse, seasonal berries and passionfruit liqueur reduction - $14

Overall, I enjoyed my beef, but I didn't find the flavours to be overly spectacular. I really didn't like the cheesy potato pie thing that came with it, but the beans wrapped in prosciutto went down nicely.

The creme brulee was good but I was expecting more of a traditional creme brulee - I personally would have described their creation as more of a pana cotta in terms of texture and taste.

I would return and order differently, because the service was excellent and the food was very well presented and has potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...