Text

Fashionista ~ Career Woman ~ Op Shopper ~ Online Shopping Addict ~ Bargain Hunter ~ Child Rearer ~ Book Reader ~ Social Commentator

Saturday, November 05, 2011

Vintage Ball - Wearing THE Vintage Dress

A few weeks ago I blogged about op-shopping in Goulburn. The purchase I didn't post a photo of was this amazing vintage Gerry Shaw dress that I bought to wear to a vintage ball I had coming up. It is such a stunning dress, and suits my figure brilliantly. Bub thinks it makes me look like a mermaid, and I see where she's coming from:
I got so many comments on it! The ball was a very enjoyable night, with excellent food and entertainment. I was a little dissapointed in the lack of genuine vintage attire amongst the girls - many had just worn a modern ball dress, or a modern dress and long sleeved gloves to add a "vintage" touch. If there was a vintage dress competition, I would have been sure to have won! I'm entering it into Sophie's Flea Market Find of the Year, a competition where people post their favourite thrifty find. If you'd like to vote for me, email:

sophieisobeldesigns[at]hotmail.com with the blog name 'Lisa @ Simply Me'. You can only vote once so be sure to check out everyone's blogs before making your decision.

I did snap some pictures of girls in vintage attire, as follows:
 
Left: Vintage pantsuit and lace top, which belonged to her Mum. Right: Vintage tea dress purchased at Fash and Treasure (I blogged about it here)
 
Amazing vintage sequined dress, belonged to her Mum (I'm seeing a theme here which makes me very jealous!)

Not a vintage dress, but cute accessories and she has gone to some effort to look "vintage", so I thought it was worth posting.

Some other happy snaps from the night:
 Succulent lamb for entree - this was fabulous

 Chicken main course, tasted a lot better than it looks actually!

The big band which entertained us with swingin' 50's tunes all night long

5 comments:

  1. The dress is divine! But look at the body in it...you seriously have had a baby? Urg. Jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look amazing in that dress!
    I love the idea of a vintage ball! Shame there wasn't more authentic vintage.. but the girls you've snapped all look rad! Though you would have definitely won the prize :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful in your dress. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great in your dress and look to have had a good time! I know what you mean about people not really making the effort. I went to a gala last weekend, wearing mostly vintage, and there were some 'un-gala' wardrobe choices to be sure. Life gives us so few chances to get really dressed up that I am always surprised to see so many people under-dressed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 5 years ago I had warts, I was treated with some liquid applied to the warts they continued to grow and spread... The next 2 doctors did laser surgery to remove them. 1 year after the surgery, they grew back close to where the 1st ones were' so I was finally told it was hpv. I have had it for very long time, I contract it from my cheated boyfriend and I found out he was also infected and I end up the relationship between us. the warts was so embarrasses because it started spreading all over I have be dealing with this things for very long time the last treatment I take was About 2 years ago I applied natural treatment from Dr onokun herbal cure, a week after applying the treatment all the warts was gone. it's now 2 years and some months I don't have single wart or any symptoms of hpv. wow"" it's great, Dr onokun has finally cured me. Anyone living with hpv contact Dr onokun for natural treatment.
    His email address: dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...