Text

Fashionista ~ Career Woman ~ Op Shopper ~ Online Shopping Addict ~ Bargain Hunter ~ Child Rearer ~ Book Reader ~ Social Commentator

Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Marnie Skillings - She Always Gets it Right

Every season there will be a few Australian designer collections that I adore. If I had to pick one designer who inspires me year after year, however, it would be Marnie Skillings. For example, I loved Thurley's SS 07/08 collection, and Fleur Wood was fantastic that season too, but I haven't been rapt with subsequent ones.

Marnie Skillings has gotten it 'right' in my books every time. There are always a few standout pieces from her collections that I adore. I'm a huge fan of the prints and textures she uses, and the way that her collections are unique and identifiable whilst still incorporating elements of the latest fashion trends. I love how she styles her models, and how her collections each have a different quirky personality. With other designers, I sometimes tend to focus on the model's face and features (rather than the clothes), whereas with Marnie Skillings I take in the whole package, which is what designers should be aiming for.

Some standout looks from her SS 2011/2012 collection:
  

And some favourites from her previous collections:

Love love love the ballerina prints from her 2008 collection:

Which Australian designer inspires you with every collection?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks For such a valuable post. I am waiting for your next post, I have enjoyed a lot reading this post keep it up 야한동영상

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one! thank you so much! Thank you for sharing this post. Your blog posts are more interesting and impressive. 한국야동

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...