Text

Fashionista ~ Career Woman ~ Op Shopper ~ Online Shopping Addict ~ Bargain Hunter ~ Child Rearer ~ Book Reader ~ Social Commentator

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Brunch Review: The Palatte Cafe, Beaver Galleries, Deakin

The Palatte Cafe is situated inside of Beaver Galleries, a privately owned gallery in Deakin. It is a lovely little gallery, with outdoor sculptures and an indoor range available for purchase.




The Scoring

Menu variety / creativity: 6/10. While there were sufficient options, there is nothing particularly innovative about the menu.

Taste: 4/10. The scrambled eggs were very oily and runny and I could make a better banana smoothie at home. The only delicious item was a pear and rhubarb tart that we had a slice of.


Coffee: 4/10. Below average, they certainly don't have a barista or know how to make good coffee.

Setting / location: 9/10. Lovely courtyard, secluded and private with the choice of shaded or sunny areas.

Service: 8/10. This is a small place and we had very attentive and personal service from the waitress, which was nice. She was friendly and accommodating.

I don't usually comment on price because I find brunch prices to be pretty standard. However, this place is very much overpriced for the quality and quantity of food - so I'm taking as further 2 points off the score. For example, this tiny serving of scrambled eggs on asparagus was around $18:


Final score: 29/50 = 58%
Verdict: I would definitely not return for brunch. However, the gallery itself is very cute and worth a browse, and they did have delicious cakes in their cabinet- so a slice of cake (which was also very reasonably priced at around $8) wouldn't go astray.

1 comment:

  1. 5 years ago I had warts, I was treated with some liquid applied to the warts they continued to grow and spread... The next 2 doctors did laser surgery to remove them. 1 year after the surgery, they grew back close to where the 1st ones were' so I was finally told it was hpv. I have had it for very long time, I contract it from my cheated boyfriend and I found out he was also infected and I end up the relationship between us. the warts was so embarrasses because it started spreading all over I have be dealing with this things for very long time the last treatment I take was About 2 years ago I applied natural treatment from Dr onokun herbal cure, a week after applying the treatment all the warts was gone. it's now 2 years and some months I don't have single wart or any symptoms of hpv. wow"" it's great, Dr onokun has finally cured me. Anyone living with hpv contact Dr onokun for natural treatment.
    His email address: dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...