Text

Fashionista ~ Career Woman ~ Op Shopper ~ Online Shopping Addict ~ Bargain Hunter ~ Child Rearer ~ Book Reader ~ Social Commentator

Sunday, October 23, 2011

I Collect Teapots

Yes I do – collect teapots (and coffee pots, if I fancy them). It all started with this beauty, the cutest vintage teapot that I once picked up at an op shop:

 Found: Op shop in Perth. Cost: $8
It’s still my favourite, but I am slowly (but surely) building the collection. I don’t buy *just any* teapot. I have to love it, and I am actually pretty fussy (plus, I hardly ever have time to op shop, and I don’t like buying them at normal stores – the fun is in the chase).
My current collection includes the following:
 Tea for one- this comes apart in 3 pieces:
 Found: Op shop in Perth. Cost: $4
  Found: Op shop in Canberra. Cost: $2.50! This is my 2nd favourite find.

  Found: Garage sale in Canberra. Cost: Free - they threw it in with my purchase of a microwave when I mentioned I liked it!

  Found: Op shop in Queanbeyan. Cost: $4

 Found: Op shop in Queanbeyan. Cost: $6, including 5 cups and saucers
This gorgeous retro coffee pot is currently being used as a decorative flower holder:
 Found: Op shop in Goulburn. Cost: $5 for the coffee pot, sugar jar and 4 small mugs

What do you collect? Or are you of the group who don't like clutter or dust collecting objects?

Linking up with Sophie's Library Adventures and Apron Thrift Girl.

8 comments:

  1. We share a passion here. I too am addicted to teapots - not sure what it is but aren't they just so cool. I have quite a lot of blog posts about my collection. Love you to take a look. Just click on the T42 or teapot links at the side of my blog. I have started to get a little fussy on which ones I buy (mostly because I have run out of space). Hubby bought me an adorable heart teapot for my birthday last week (pics on blog). So glad I found you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great thing to collect. I collect mainly crockery, especially Johnson ware. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your teapot collection! I have half a dozen that have been given to me, or found in opshops, but I won't let myself buy any more as I don't have any space for them. My passion is hand embroidered linens, and I have a room full of them. Thanks for your comment on my birds blog - I was wondering if anyone still read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi.
    I`m a collector of frogs!..but they have to be cute ,just like your teapot!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice teapot collection. The frog is really cute. I especially like the retro coffee pot with cups and saucers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im a teapot and teacup and saucer collector too! I mainly buy ones from opshops, but have a few nice new ones thaty others have bought for me. I love thinking of odd things to keep in them ways to pop them in unexpected spots in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you know that you can shorten your long links with AdFly and receive cash for every visitor to your shortened links.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...