Text

Fashionista ~ Career Woman ~ Op Shopper ~ Online Shopping Addict ~ Bargain Hunter ~ Child Rearer ~ Book Reader ~ Social Commentator

Thursday, April 18, 2013

My Home: The TV / sitting room

My sitting room or TV room has a very vintage feel:



The funky drawers that you can see propping up the TV and also to make a lamp table are all unattached, so can be rearranged as I please. They are upcycled vintage drawers with wooden boxing that I found on Gumtree - they belonged to two girls who run a printing and graphic design studio. They were re-decorating their studio so getting rid of these gems!



This vintage looking lamp was picked up at a garage sale for $10, and the photo frame is a souvenir from a trip to America. Notice the cute cushions? My friend who has a sewing machine helped me to make these out of vintage linen!


Almost everything in the room is second hand:

Leather couches: Ikea, sourced second hand from Gumtree
Vintage repurposed drawers: made by some creative and handy girls, sourced second hand from Gumtree
Vintage chairs: free from a roadside collection!
Shaggy rug: bought new
Cushions: from the markets (second hand), op-shopped or made by me (some from op-shopped vintage linen, and others I bought the material new from Spotlight)
Modern table: second hand, belonged to my parents
Vintage lamp: from a garage sale
Magazine holder/knitting bag: op-shopped

It is definitely my favourite room in the house because it is so unique (and suits my design taste perfectly), but it was also created well within a small budget!

3 comments:

  1. Love the stacked drawers it looks awesome!! Cute cushions too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. eToro is the ultimate forex trading platform for beginning and pro traders.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...