Text

Fashionista ~ Career Woman ~ Op Shopper ~ Online Shopping Addict ~ Bargain Hunter ~ Child Rearer ~ Book Reader ~ Social Commentator

Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Marnie Skillings - She Always Gets it Right

Every season there will be a few Australian designer collections that I adore. If I had to pick one designer who inspires me year after year, however, it would be Marnie Skillings. For example, I loved Thurley's SS 07/08 collection, and Fleur Wood was fantastic that season too, but I haven't been rapt with subsequent ones.

Marnie Skillings has gotten it 'right' in my books every time. There are always a few standout pieces from her collections that I adore. I'm a huge fan of the prints and textures she uses, and the way that her collections are unique and identifiable whilst still incorporating elements of the latest fashion trends. I love how she styles her models, and how her collections each have a different quirky personality. With other designers, I sometimes tend to focus on the model's face and features (rather than the clothes), whereas with Marnie Skillings I take in the whole package, which is what designers should be aiming for.

Some standout looks from her SS 2011/2012 collection:
  

And some favourites from her previous collections:

Love love love the ballerina prints from her 2008 collection:

Which Australian designer inspires you with every collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...