Text

Fashionista ~ Career Woman ~ Op Shopper ~ Online Shopping Addict ~ Bargain Hunter ~ Child Rearer ~ Book Reader ~ Social Commentator

Sunday, January 08, 2012

Perth Thrifty Finds

In my partially crippled state, I still managed to go to one op shop while in Perth. I didn't have luck there on my last trip to Perth, but this time I found some nice things.

The jackpot was this Johnson Australia pottery set. It was $18 for 6 dinner plates, 6 side plates, 6 bowls, 4 cups and 4 saucers in the matching flower design. An extra 20c from the clearance section got me the retro patterened cup and saucer:


I almost have enough crockery to fully stock a kitchen once I move back to Perth now! 

On the clothes front, this super slimming top by Picnic was $3:


This gorgeous hand painted egg shaped box was a steal at $1, and this set of knitted thingies were 50c:

 Any idea what the knitted things could be? My first thought was tea cosies, but they are joined at the bottoms and don't have holes in the sides!

Finally, although I can't yet sew and don't owe a sewing machine, I am 100% committed to buying one and taking sewing classes in 2012. This DK Sewing Book/ encyclopedia is in brand new condition, has excellent step by step pictures and was 50% off... It cost $3.50!


With basics like these, it could very well end up being my sewing bible:


What a great day, there's nothing like hitting the op shop jackpot at one store!

Linking up with Sophie as usual :)

7 comments:

  1. Love the Johnson ware designs.
    Yes I would so recommend learning to sew, there's so much to make and so much inspiration out there especially on Pinterest. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, I'm currently participating in the send-it-forward idea and giving away some Johnson side plates - thought you may be interested.

    http://theseaandmechange.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/send-it-forward-seventies-beauty-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Over at Free Bitcoin you can get free bitcoins. 8 to 22 satoshis per 5 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my opinion, the ultimate Bitcoin exchange service is YoBit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you sick and tired from searching for bitcoin faucets?
    Double your claimed satoshis with this new BTC FAUCET ROTATOR.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...