Text

Fashionista ~ Career Woman ~ Op Shopper ~ Online Shopping Addict ~ Bargain Hunter ~ Child Rearer ~ Book Reader ~ Social Commentator

Wednesday, April 04, 2012

This is What Happens When You Give Thousands of Stickers to Thousands of Kids

I am thankful that Japanese artist Yayoi Kusama created this display at the Queensland Gallery of Modern Art, which makes me feel all warm and happy inside.

She painted the inside of a "house" and all of its furniture white, and over the period of 2 weeks, young visitors to the gallery were allowed to stick coloured dot stickers where ever they wanted.

The result was that it went from this:

Source: theChive

to this:




What I love the most about this piece of art is that it represents the innocence and joy of children, the beauty of simplicity, and the importance of enjoying the creation of art. This process can be just as important as the final product.

Yayoi Kusama seems to be a pretty cool person, she'd make a great dinner party guest:
Source: Qagoma

If you'd like to see more of the art in her 'Look No Further' collection at the Queensland Gallery of Modern Art, there is a dedicated website here.

3 comments:

  1. That is so rad! I wish I lived in QLD so I could go see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw an article on this in the UK papers a while back, and LOVED it! I wish my house could look like that! Haha. I love the last picture, where there's a tiny child dressed in white.

    She looks kind of scary, but I bet she'd be a hoot to be around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I went to this... It was so awesome, we didn't even go with any kids :S we had a ball.. I loved that you had to check the bottom of your shoes before you left incase you were taking some out with you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...