Text

Fashionista ~ Career Woman ~ Op Shopper ~ Online Shopping Addict ~ Bargain Hunter ~ Child Rearer ~ Book Reader ~ Social Commentator

Friday, April 13, 2012

Brunch Review: Ona Coffee, Manuka

How exciting, I can now report that I have a new cafe to add to my list of brunch favourites in Canberra. Ona Cafe in Manuka is a laid back cafe located in the grassed terrace area (diagonally opposite Urban Pantry). It's great because the kids can run around on the grass while you enjoy a mostly uninterrupted meal.

 Picnic rugs and milk crates to sit on- very Melbourne, no?

Good coffee

 
My breakfast - homemade baked beans and fried eggs on toast.

The Scoring

Menu variety / creativity: 7.5/10. A wide range of savoury options. Less sweet options but they do have quite a unique sounding rice pudding which is apparently very popular.

Taste: 7.5/10. The beans were nice, with a smoky BBQ flavour. I liked how they came with fried eggs, a good combination.

Coffee: 8/10. A good brew, and lots of options for coffees made in different ways. Serving was a tiny but too small for my liking, I’d order a bigger mug next time.

Setting / location: 8/10. A lovely casual setting with space for the kids to run around outside. I don’t think it would be very nice on a rainy day though – the inside is very small, and somewhat dark.

Service: 8/10. Friendly and efficient, always a nice surprise in Canberra.

Price: 7.5/10. Average for Canberra, you’re looking at $15-$22 for a breakfast and around $3.50 for a small coffee.

Verdict: Added to the favourites list!

2 comments:

  1. oo I walked bassed this place the other day and was wondering about it, so thanks so much for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!

    Those baked beans looks delicious, I'd really like to learn how to make good baked beans.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...