Text

Fashionista ~ Career Woman ~ Op Shopper ~ Online Shopping Addict ~ Bargain Hunter ~ Child Rearer ~ Book Reader ~ Social Commentator

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

2011... the year of change

2010 was a fantastic year for me, possibly the best year of my life. I spent it nannying (children make my day better, most days) and then traveling throughout Europe and South America. To top 2010 is a big ask, so I won't be making any comparisons.

2011 is bringing with it many changes. I'll be changing my physical location (moving from WA to Canberra), changing my lifestyle (starting full-time work), challenging myself (that whole career thing), changing my accommodation (moving out of home, officially), changing my eating habits (no more Mum's cooking, now I need to learn some skills for myself) and meeting a whole new circle of friends.

Am I excited? Yes. Nervous? Definitely.

What better way to start a blog than with resolutions or goals, so that at the end of 2011 I can evaluate my success. My goals for 2011 are (in no particular order):

Education and Projects
~ Learn to cook some simple, healthy meals and cook for myself more often than not.

~ Learn new skills at my job but take things as they come, and not worry too much about future prospects. Trust myself and my performance.

~ Keep a blog for a year and bind into a book.

~ Be organised with my budget and important documents.

~ Do my own tax return.

~ Have a 'back to basics' month where I don't buy anything except essentials (to be defined later)

~ Read more books - try for one per month. I just have not been into reading lately...

House and Home
~ Avoid clutter. Moving out is a great way to leave clutter behind, so I don't want to accumulate more junk.

Love and Family
~ Be open to dating and a relationship.

~ Do new and exciting things with my family, like travelling with them or exploring new cafes and places together in Canberra.

Health and Diet
~ Loose weight. At least 3kg, but given the amount I have put on recently, it should really be 5-6kg. Goal weight - 53-54kg.

~ Find some way to exercise and get fit and toned. My hip pain cannot be an excuse, I have to work around it somehow.

~ Try Bikram yoga.

~ Be able to run 5km without feeling like I'm going to die.

~ Play a mixed sport. I know this is pushing it with my hip, and I probably won't be able to, but it would be amazing and I want to at least try...

Fashion and Beauty
~ Reduce my online shopping. I tend to go crazy on Ebay and online stores and this is how I accumulate junk!

~ Plan more outfits and experiment with my current wardrobe instead of expanding it.

~ Sell my clothes on Ebay or Oztion or at the markets if it will be worthwhile.

Travel and Relaxation
~ Holiday in Bali with Odette. Spend at least a week lying by the pool, drinking cocktails and eating hotel food brought to me at my sunlounge...

~ Experiment with meditation and relaxing music.

~ Explore some of the East coast during weekends, and learn to ski.

Friends
~ Meet new people, be more social and have more fun.

~ Keep in touch with all of my WA friends.

~ Hold a dinner party for 3 or 4 friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...