Text

Fashionista ~ Career Woman ~ Op Shopper ~ Online Shopping Addict ~ Bargain Hunter ~ Child Rearer ~ Book Reader ~ Social Commentator

Sunday, July 08, 2012

Melville Markets

Last weekend, I went to the Melville markets. They are held in the Melville shopping center carpark from about 6:30am - 11:30am. My sister dutifully woke me up at 6am and we headed out in the cold and dark.

I had heard good things about these markets but I don't think they're better than the Karrinyup shopping center ones. The Melville ones aren't undercover which is very problematic for winter, and they weren't any cheaper. I thought some people were really overpricing their goods - no wonder when I sold at the markets myself, my stall was so popular and I sold so much - my prices were very low!

Nonetheless, there were some gems to be found (they were all purchased from one off stalls, not from the regulars - so it's a matter of luck really). I bought the following:

Vintage teatowel ($1), 'Boy and his dog' hanging picture ($4)

Lace cushions ($4 each)

 My favourite - a gorgeous wooden tray for $5

 The other favourite - vintage dress which fits amazingly, $5

 Piper dress- I plan to wear this to work with a collared shirt underneath ($4)

Jacqui E silk beaded top ($5)

Hot Options top ($2)

Linking up with Sophie...

1 comment:

  1. The tea towel and the lace cushions look lovely. Such a great price too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...