Text

Fashionista ~ Career Woman ~ Op Shopper ~ Online Shopping Addict ~ Bargain Hunter ~ Child Rearer ~ Book Reader ~ Social Commentator

Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Myer Briggs Personality Types

Do you know your personality type? I find the whole science absolutely fascinating. You can learn so much about yourself and others, why people behave in certain ways, and how you can improve yourself and your relationships.

Before I started my current job, I read a book called Do What You Are. It's about choosing a career or job role that suits your personality, and it takes you through the different personality types and how to find your own.

I am an ESTJ, and the profile for this type describes me surprisingly well:
  • My primary mode of living is focused externally, where I deal with things rationally and logically;
  • I value competence and efficiency, and like to see quick results for my efforts;
  • I naturally step into leadership roles. I am self-confident;
  • I enjoy interacting with people, and like to have fun. I can be boisterous and fun at social events, especially activities which are focused on the family, community, or work;
  • I am generally enthusiastic, upbeat and friendly;
  • I can see what steps need to be taken to complete a specific task and am results driven;
  • I honour commitments, meet deadlines and am responsible and dependable;
  • What you see is what you get. I value honesty;
  • I think out loud and sometimes this means sharing half baked ideas;
  • I am happiest after a decision is made, I don't like keeping my options open until the last minute;
  • I value structure, hierarchy and certainty;
  • I am not personally threatened by conflict or criticism. I am interested in resolving conflict rather than ignoring it. 

My weaknesses are also related to my personality type:
  • I can be demanding and critical, because I have such strongly held beliefs, and may express myself without reserve if I feel someone isn't meeting my standards;
  • I need to watch out for being too rigid, and work on being more open minded;
  • I sometimes have to remind myself to value other people's input and opinions and fulfill others needs for emotional sensitivity. I am not naturally in tune with what others are feeling;
  • I have a tendancy to always need to be in charge;
  • I am impatient with inefficiency and sloppiness;
  • I am generally uncomfortable with change.

More information, and the source of this image here

Do you know your personality type? If so, do you think the profile suits you well?

2 comments:

  1. I'm an ENFP. I have found Meyers-Briggs to be extremely accurate! Our workplace paid for a psychologist to come and give everyone detailed reports on our type, and how to use our strengths and weaknesses to our advantage. Very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that's really cool, I'd love to have a professional assessment! I've always wanted to be psycho analysed by a professional too, i find it so interesting!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...